Songbird Add-ons

Tech topics & all that sweet sweet jazz

Moderator: nobile

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Songbird Add-ons

Postby Mortis » Sun Dec 07, 2008 15:56

Now that Songbird 1.0 has been released, I thought we could collect here the add-ons we use. The modular, open source -based nature of the program is of course the one reason to use the program over iTunes or the most recent Winamp.

Here are some of my favourites:

Pane Buttons
MinimizeToTray revived (MinTrayR)
Now Playing List
LiveTweeter
Vertical Filters
"...the public dissolves as fact and fiction blend, history becomes derealized by media into a happening, science takes its own models as the only accessible reality, cybernetics confronts us with the enigma of artificial intelligence, and technologies project our perceptions to the edge of the receding universe or into the ghostly interstices of matter." - Hassan, Ihab: "Toward a Concept of Postmodernism" (1987).

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Re: Songbird Add-ons

Postby Mortis » Sat Jan 31, 2009 15:59

The Birdtitle add-on works really great with MinimizeToTray revived (MinTrayR) - you can minimize Songbird to the tray and then simply hover on the tray element to check out what song is playing. The add-on is very customizable too.

Notify Me seems rather advanced for those who prefer that sort of thing, too.

I am totally in love with Vertical Filters and Pane Buttons :)
"...the public dissolves as fact and fiction blend, history becomes derealized by media into a happening, science takes its own models as the only accessible reality, cybernetics confronts us with the enigma of artificial intelligence, and technologies project our perceptions to the edge of the receding universe or into the ghostly interstices of matter." - Hassan, Ihab: "Toward a Concept of Postmodernism" (1987).

Return to “Geek Juice”