Tech topics & all that sweet sweet jazz

Moderator: nobile

Darkelth
Kakaist
Kakaist
SteamID: Darkelth

KAKA groups

Postby Darkelth » Sun Nov 25, 2007 23:14

Well, I didn't actually know whether to make a thread here into the forums, post a blog or put an article to the kakawiki, I chose this.
The thread is all about the KAKA groups around the internet, so the idea is to post urls of the groups here, and perhaps tell something about a site. I don't know is this any worth of a thread, but well, lock if necessary :P

I also think we should make an article "KAKA Groups" or something into the kakawiki, where the groups and urls can be added, or then add them straight there.
Or do we have the groups in the Kakaists or Kaka articles? I think I prefer a whole article about them, since I know quite much groups myself already.

http://irc-galleria.net/channel.php?channel_id=526602 - #kaka @ IRC-Galleria
-----------
The Finnish IRC-Galleria (IRC-Gallery), was first meant to be only for ircers to put photos about themselves there, but since the years have changed, a lot of people have found IRC-Galleria (sometimes they say it IS IRC, which is very frustrating for me sometimes), people who don't irc, and nowadays it is mostly for non-ircers. Still, I made a group/channel there, and gave the master status to Armand (=Zensei there), because he has more access in #kaka @ GameSurge :) I think it is already in KakaWiki too.

http://www.last.fm/group/Kaka - KAKA @ Last.fm
---------
The international "tell your music taste to the world" site, Last.fm, got its KAKA group in the end of October this year. I made the group there aswell. So every Last.fm users, it would be great if you joined it. Every member can accept the ones who are pending to the group. There's also worthless Discussion Boards.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/kakaists - KAKAISTS @ Steamcommunity
---------
The all-players-know Steam has gotten it's Kakaists group was it this November. Since the updates of the steam and possibility of making a group there, Mortis made the group. I don't remember whether you must be invited or you can pend there and then others accept. But, for all steam-users, please join the Kakaists, or if you need an invite, contact Mortis. I don't know can single members invite people there, perhaps Mortis can lighten me here :)

So this is like you represent the group or something :)
If you want to be happy for a day, drink alcohol. If you want to be happy for a year, get yourself married. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, start gardening. - An old Chinese aphorism.

Armand
Kakaist
Kakaist

Re: KAKA groups

Postby Armand » Sun Nov 25, 2007 23:20

Nice! There's also, naturally, a Facebook community for Kakaists. Any new facebooker can find it from our profiles. Also, there's an application there to help you list your IRC channels and networks in more of an IRC style. Find a link to it from my profile. Dunno if those things can be linked with normal web addresses, since Facebook is so closed to outsiders o_O

And thanks for the master rights @ irc-galleria, James, I didn't know that but it's cool ^_^;

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist
MySpace: www.myspace.com/nobile01

Postby nobile » Sun Nov 25, 2007 23:27

Sorry hadn't noticed armand's reply on it .__.;
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2682150658 - HAIL KAKA @ Facebook
---------
The latest popular socialsite these days, started for college students only and slowly opened up for different students until it became available for everyone to join. Opened the group around June this year I think, currently Smeagol, Armand and Vrap are admins of it, while StrangeBrew, Rax and Chente28 are entitled officers. A few pictures I have stored are uploaded there, anyone can join and post whatever they please :D

http://apps.facebook.com/ircinfo/?showch=5073 - #kaka @ IRC Info on Facebook
---------
An interesting application, first I thought it to be something like irc-galleria, since it manages to put a picture and real name to the nicks you know on IRC :lol: Armand joined yesterday I think, vrap and I joined today ^^;
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder <3

Darkelth
Kakaist
Kakaist
SteamID: Darkelth

Postby Darkelth » Sun Nov 25, 2007 23:29

Armand wrote:And thanks for the master rights @ irc-galleria, James, I didn't know that but it's cool ^_^;

But I told you then :)
If you want to be happy for a day, drink alcohol. If you want to be happy for a year, get yourself married. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, start gardening. - An old Chinese aphorism.

Armand
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Armand » Sun Nov 25, 2007 23:41

My memory is a bit tricky. So let's just say I have no recollection of that taking place B)

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Wed Nov 28, 2007 19:28

My personal suggestion would be to try to make a full-fledged, informative page out of http://www.slowdays.org/kaka/Terga that would better outline both the history and the modern-day state of our shenanigans :D We could/should perhaps rename the page to something other than Terga.
"...the public dissolves as fact and fiction blend, history becomes derealized by media into a happening, science takes its own models as the only accessible reality, cybernetics confronts us with the enigma of artificial intelligence, and technologies project our perceptions to the edge of the receding universe or into the ghostly interstices of matter." - Hassan, Ihab: "Toward a Concept of Postmodernism" (1987).

Return to “Geek Juice”