29%

Total votes: 7

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

HAIL KAKA! T-shirts!

Postby Mortis » Mon Sep 25, 2006 17:12

My dear kakaists,

We have been discussing introducing a brand of kaka t-shirts for a while now here in Finland, and I believe it's now time to introduce the idea in further detail.

First things first: We would like to get you all committed to ordering a t-shirt for all the participants here (be it hanging at SD and/or #kaka, or just aware of the existence of either). As we're all more (or less) strapped for cash, we're naturally hoping to minimize the price of said shirt and thus looking around at different print shops and web services and asking around for deals before we decide upon which one to use. Hopefully price will not be what stops you from ordering one!

As far as the forthcoming shape and form of the shirt goes, we're hoping to be decidedly minimalist and thus gravitate towards a t-shirt emblazoned with the classic logo, in this vein (don't mind the picture :p):

A "HAIL KAKA!" logo,
white lettering on black fabric,
in medium small size,
on the front chest.

I've included a poll in this thread regarding the use of the exclamation mark in the logo - we should decide whether it should be there (as it has always been) or whether it should go (four letters in each word makes it look better).

Some further suggestions, such as the user's nickname embellished on a sleeve or something else written on the back were eventually ruled out because they a) felt too elaborate and b) things like nicknames might change as times go by. Less is more in this case, and I do believe simplicity will greatly enhance the general usability of the shirt.

As far as the colour choices go, black on white was also ruled out because it has less balls (though on a coffee mug it might work better).

There are two types of print we can try, normal and embroidered, though the material of most embroided products has to be rather thick so we'll probably get that ordinary print job done.

The size and shape of the shirt probably depends on the shop or service we use (as well as your general size), so more on that later. We might have to ask you all to submit a desired size, or we might just order a certain size for everyone.

Naturally there has to be a certain batch of shirts ordered, and as it does cost quite a bit of smackers to make say a 30-shirt order, we'll have to arrange payments, shipping and pickups beforehand. We might also pool a bit of money to get some extra shirts in case we get more members or someone ruins his or hers.

The Finnish deliveries will probably be easy enough, and there's a chance we can just send one batch over to Sweden too, but the rest might have to be individually mailed.

As far as having a look at print services goes, we did some preliminary googling and found out that Cafepress has to be ruled out because they have no dark shirts in their catalogue. While SpreadShirt do, they are unable to print digitally transferred pictures on them. Enok actually suggested asking them why, and they responded with the following today:
Digitaalisessa painatuksessa ei ole lainkaan valkoista väriä. Koska valkoista ei voida painaa, korvataan se kuvioissa valkoisella tai vaalealla taustavärillä. Tästä syystä voimme painaa digitaalisesti vain vaaleille kankaille. Olen pahoillani.

What this effectively means is that we'll have to get a non-digital print shop and work it from there.

http://www.kuvatikkaus.fi/ is a local print shop right next to my university. Quite expensive.

Basically, if everyone's on the lookout for services and shops, we'll get the shirts for a good price. Ganbatte! If all goes well, we can look at a coffee mug next! ^_^

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Mon Sep 25, 2006 20:27

One thing I thought about is displaying the irc server address. There are pros and cons, cons and pros... any opinions?

I guess KAKA is in many ways the equivalent of DADA so it can work in a context of no context... or should rather.

Armand
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Armand » Mon Sep 25, 2006 22:53

There's at least that little firm in Lempäälä ruled by the brother of a certain unnamed monkey-faced biology teacher from said town. I dodgeth the exact name for he will prefer to do it, well, tax-free Razz ^_^ unless you for some reason want otherwise

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist
MySpace: www.myspace.com/nobile01

Postby nobile » Tue Sep 26, 2006 09:23

oh mee gawd
me wants one!!1

Laughing
No really, it's a great idea, dunno how I'd pay it, since paypal doesn't support honduras Embarassed But yea, and uhmm I'm thinking that here the shirts and all that stuff would be much more cheap, I think, dunno, but perhaps the shipping would cost more since I'm the only one here xD
Oh and I could sell the idea to chente and/or other people here, just for the heck of using a shirt with kaka in it xD In case you want more people getting the shirt that is =)

My shirt size would be s or m, I guess, it'd be cute with the nicks on the sleeves, but yea mort has a point on the too elaborate thing... =P
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder <3

Darkelth
Kakaist
Kakaist
SteamID: Darkelth

Postby Darkelth » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:56

Yes, Kaka t-shirts would be something great ^^ I want one! Armand's idea would be good too Smile
If you want to be happy for a day, drink alcohol. If you want to be happy for a year, get yourself married. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, start gardening. - An old Chinese aphorism.

Smeagol
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Smeagol » Tue Sep 26, 2006 19:26

don't know about the irc address, i get a negative vibe from the idea somehow. Would it turn the style over to geekish?
He's not heavy, he's my brother.

Armand
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Armand » Tue Sep 26, 2006 20:39

Well we sure ain't no jocks either~~

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby nobile » Wed Sep 27, 2006 05:43

uhmmm why can't I delete the double post? O_o
Last edited by nobile on Fri Sep 29, 2006 07:21, edited 1 time in total.

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby nobile » Wed Sep 27, 2006 05:50

/me agrees Laughing

mushy

Postby mushy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 05:57

its an alright idea albeit the fact its 5 years too late.

no server name either if it had one i would probly not get it

chente28
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby chente28 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 05:58

sweet
"El orden de los frijoles no afecta la baleada" -El flako

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Wed Sep 27, 2006 23:35

I think we're right on time actually Smile

znood
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby znood » Sun Oct 01, 2006 05:12

cool Shocked
Jos ei pelaa ei voi voittaa

Dorden
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Dorden » Tue Oct 03, 2006 06:50

Yay, one for me Very Happy

Ann

t-shirt

Postby Ann » Fri Oct 27, 2006 17:12

I want one!!!! Very Happy, just tell me when and I go to take the t-shirt
mmm...ok you know me ... Very Happy.. Razz

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Re: HAIL KAKA! T-shirts!

Postby Mortis » Wed Jan 31, 2007 00:09

If I remember (it's been a while after all), last time we spoke of the shirts Armand said something about printing these at a local shop? Smile

Darkelth
Kakaist
Kakaist
SteamID: Darkelth

Postby Darkelth » Sat Aug 18, 2007 14:39

Is there any new news about Hail Kaka T-Shirts or the coffee mugs?
If you want to be happy for a day, drink alcohol. If you want to be happy for a year, get yourself married. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, start gardening. - An old Chinese aphorism.

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby nobile » Sun Aug 19, 2007 05:51

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Sun Aug 19, 2007 16:54

If your Design is selected for use by Threadless.com, you acknowledge that you assign to skinnyCorp LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter collectively "Threadless.com") the entire right, title, and interest in and to the copyright in your Design including the right to sue for past infringement and the right to further sublicense the Design, for its sole and exclusive use on and in connection with the Items. You also acknowledge that you waive all "moral" rights that you may have in and to your Design.

nobile, it's a good idea in theory but we're not giving away our brand :D

znood
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby znood » Tue Aug 21, 2007 00:28

i want one
Jos ei pelaa ei voi voittaa

Return to “Kaka Subjects”