Tech topics & all that sweet sweet jazz

Moderator: nobile

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist
MySpace: www.myspace.com/nobile01

Proxy

Postby nobile » Wed Aug 08, 2007 17:14

I am so thankful for proxies these days!
At work, they've become some bastards, deleting and blocking stuff, and this has gone personal, they blocked access to slowdays!
I had the RSS feed on outlook and I can't check it, I thought the site was down, since i can't even ping the address, but after two days i realized it had to be blocked, so I tried using a proxy and bam I can come here ¬_¬
This really sucks to be honest, I didn't think it had gone so personal against me, btu yea, who else uses this website in the office other than me?! It's not like I see them blocking other websites... =/
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder <3

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Re: Proxy

Postby Mortis » Wed Aug 08, 2007 18:07

That's peculiar.. they must have a general list of blocked websites with content like "torrents" and "files", eh? If someone really went as far as to block Slowdays just because you happen to use it often - that'd be completely bizarre.

I'm really happy someone else uses the RSS feed too, though! I've found it a very graceful extension to what we do around here :)

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Wed Aug 15, 2007 18:05

Have you found out anything more about the block, nobile?

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist
MySpace: www.myspace.com/nobile01

Postby nobile » Fri Aug 17, 2007 21:39

I doubt it was something with wordblocking on torrents, since I could use and dl from isohunt =P
Probably something on my computer then, since I just formatted it and can login now :lol:

just for the record, i couldn't login before the format, tried a few times and still didn't let me =/
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder <3

Return to “Geek Juice”