Postman Blues (1997)

Music, movies, poetry, writing, critical analysis.
Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postman Blues (1997)

Postby Mortis » Sat Jul 07, 2007 13:47

I'm seeding this Japanese film on Slowdays torrents at the moment. I originally caught it on Finnish television shortly after it's release (one of the few contemporary Japanese films that I've seen on television - a bold statement at the time by the local television station).

The actor/director Hiroyuki Tanaka, better known as Sabu to most, is a cult director and has done films such as Hard Luck Hero, Blessing Bell and Unlucky Monkey.

This film is highly recommended for any fans of quirky Japanese cinema (Miike, Kitano) or western directors like Tarantino.

Darkelth
Kakaist
Kakaist
SteamID: Darkelth

Re: Postman Blues (1997)

Postby Darkelth » Thu Feb 21, 2008 21:41

Oh! It was Hiroyuki Tanaka's movie! Did Joe Hisaishi also make the soundtrack for this movie, as I found some same elements in the music as in the Ghibli's animes where Hisaishi has made the soundtrack! And I reckon Joe Hisaishi has made the soundtrack for at least several Tanaka's movies, such as Kikujiro (oh well, was it Kitano's movie?!)

I downloaded the movie for a long time ago, and I have had it downloaded for ages (as many other things), but today when I was thinking of making some space into my hard drive, I decided to watch it, if it was bad, I'd delete it and gain more space! But it ended up a great movie, with so much drama, a bit humour, and the atmosphere was sucha nice one! Just the kind of movie I really like, and no, I'm not going to delete it, noooo waaay! And yea, I just watched it few minutes ago.

Have to watch something else to get more space then, eh? :D

Edit: Ok, I just had some kind of confusion between Tanaka and Kitano :D Nothing else, there still were some same elements in at least few of the song beginnings! :D But yeah, Kikujiro is Kitano's film. Tanaka sounded so familiar, but after I checked it from Wikipedia, it wasn't familiar at all. And that is kinda weird I'd say. I'm so sure I've heard the name somewhere before.
If you want to be happy for a day, drink alcohol. If you want to be happy for a year, get yourself married. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, start gardening. - An old Chinese aphorism.

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist
MySpace: www.myspace.com/nobile01

Re: Postman Blues (1997)

Postby nobile » Thu Feb 28, 2008 04:39

Postman Blues was a great movie indeed! I still recommend it to anyone I talk to :p
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder <3

Return to “Art Attack”