My Vitriol 2nd Album Demos

Music, movies, poetry, writing, critical analysis.
Leo

My Vitriol 2nd Album Demos

Postby Leo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 18:17

Hello,
I am new to this site and would like to first of all say hello to everyone :)

I would also like to ask who uploaded the My Vitriol 2nd Album Demos torrent in the torrent section of this site and if they would re-seed or send me the files via e-mail?

I am a massive My Vitriol fan and have been waiting for new material for along time (The EP they just released is incredible, as to is their debut album Finelines. Totally recommend you all give them a listen!)

That is all, Hopefully hear from someone soon.

Thank you all and Hello :D
Leo

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Re: My Vitriol 2nd Album Demos

Postby Mortis » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:00

Hello Leo,

I'm just letting you know I received your e-mail and am seeding the show now. If you know others wanting to download it, let them know now is the time to get it! We're all quite surprised that people found our torrent tracker - there is not really content to mention, and the functionality of the tracker is still a tad impaired. Apparently people can and do download off it though :D

As for My Vitriol, I'm not exactly sure about the lineage of these songs (I accidentally stumbled upon them some months back) but I do know they rock very, very hard. I was slightly disappointed by the content of the two newest singles (A Secret Society/A Pyrrhic Victory) due to them being mixed uncharacteristically flat, but these "demos" in question (whatever they are) sound really, really full and rounded. All-around amazing songs there.

Hopefully the new album, whenever it arrives, will contain these songs, sporting lush production and amped-up shoegazey goodness.

Leo

Postby Leo » Thu Jul 05, 2007 19:17

Than you so much!!! :D
Am downloading as i type this, This site kicks ass!

And from what i've heard, they have played all these songs live and am 95% sure they will be on the new album which is so say going to be released september, but i think it is more likely 2008 because they have said they are going to release a few singles/ep's then bring the album out. Either way, My Vitriol are back!!

Once again, Thank you SO much :lol:

Leo

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Amount of People Downloading My Vitriol 2nd Album Demos

Postby Mortis » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:21

Wow, I'm just positively gobsmacked by the amount of people downloading the files right now. Would anyone be able to tell us where all these people are coming from? :)

Leo

Postby Leo » Sat Jul 07, 2007 15:28

There are alot of My Vitriol fans that have been waiting for new material.

There was recently a post in a MY Vitriol fan Forum (http://www.myvitriol.net) and it was about the new material and the bands plans to release it.

'i can only give a brief description of what ave heard..and i only heard them once!!
'whole worlds inplodes/collides?heard 2mins worth)
this one for me was a stand out due to seths insaine guitar playing-this will prob b on the album!!
there was a few instrumentals/lots of electro beats(heavy)with piano..best ave heard som play!!!very windows and walls sound..but btr!!!with added fx(samples)
one really fast/heavy tune..was untitled(made my head spin..upliftn as hell!!)very fast..pauses for brake down..then it made me trip out!!haha

also,mv have like 40 odd songs etc so they hav a hell of a pick..but there continuing with writing,as music changes so much..they want to kp ahead of the compition!!!
so,theres lots to look forward to..as well as a few singles/bsides before the album..
hopefully that helps kids!!!and i bet am fired now!!'

So the 6 demo tracks may not even be on the album in the end if they have that many new tracks and may just end up as Singles not featured on the album or as b-sides on the eps etc.

Either way, My vitriol are back and i am so glad. The new stuff what i have heard sounds incredible and according to that post in the fan forum, the other stuff is even better!!!

We will just have to wait and see though won't we ;)

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Sat Jul 07, 2007 18:36

Ahhh! Sounds great!

I love how quite a few of the new tracks in this particular download remind me of "Wait a Minute" which is one of my favourite MV cuts :) I think my overall disappointment with the new releases was borne out of the fact that these demo cuts pleased me so much and those elements were missing from them.

Electrowar is great though and the Lemonheads cover is not bad, Som does a really good vocal take on it :)

Darkelth
Kakaist
Kakaist
SteamID: Darkelth

Re: Amount of People Downloading My Vitriol 2nd Album Demos

Postby Darkelth » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:46

Mortis wrote:Wow, I'm just positively gobsmacked by the amount of people downloading the files right now. Would anyone be able to tell us where all these people are coming from? :)

I'm one of the downloaders :P
Already downloaded though so I'm uploading it too atm
If you want to be happy for a day, drink alcohol. If you want to be happy for a year, get yourself married. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, start gardening. - An old Chinese aphorism.

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:35

I'm guessing way over 20 people have gotten it already.

They are very, very good songs though :D

Leo

Postby Leo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 19:07

Mortis wrote:I'm guessing way over 20 people have gotten it already.

They are very, very good songs though :D

Yep, they are incredible songs, but remember this is only 6 out of the 40 something and so say alot of the others are even better =D

God i love My Vitriol!

The 2nd album is going to be worth every minute of the long wait.

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:18

I am the manager for the band My Vitriol

A current torrent file on your site is a breach of our copyright.

The file contains unreleased material which has not been authorised for
distribution, so please immediately remove it.

Regards
Contact details withheld

The information in this notice is accurate under penalty of perjury.

Though I'm sure the band as well as the band's manager realizes that this was for the hardcore fans only. Still, we have no issues complying with such a non-threatening request so... this episode sadly comes to an end and we will take steps to ensure that this will never happen again. :)

Edit: As per the manager's request, I've also removed his contact information. If anyone wants the contact information to discuss the matter with him, just ask me and I will relay the information to you.

Return to “Art Attack”