Games of 2007

General gaming talk, help & bug fixes
vrap
Kakaist
Kakaist

Games of 2007

Postby vrap » Mon Jan 08, 2007 14:25

As you already may know, there's only one upcoming game that I'm interested in, BioShock. Though I'm looking forward to seeing other games that's the only one I'm dying to play. I might possibly be getting a brand spanking new system later this year when I go home for the summer, which would coincide beautifully with the game's release, though the system won't be high-end it should be good enough to play it. While I'm there at home I'll probably get a chance to buy a few games as well, there's about 5-6 years worth of games that I would love to try but have never had a chance to because of a rubbish PC. So the list of 2007 games on this page:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/view ... 1073842430
are just icing on the cake. Any particulars you guys are looking forward to?
i'm having the most perfect hallucination

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 20:17

The list you linked to is very comprehensive - in fact, comprehensive to the point where it's hard to continue a discussion over it. Personally, the inclusion of quite a few indie titles makes it even more difficult.

As far as the Source platform goes, the zombie theme seems in - Both They Hunger: Lost Souls and Left 4 Dead seem interesting enough to warrant a possible purchase, as might episode 2 and its extras. While I'm probably looking forward to Fortress Forever more than TF2, and Portal doesn't seem that interesting (I'm more interested in stories and emotions than gameplay), it's still surely one of the most-waited releases of the year.

Lastly, the PC conversion of Jade Empire is quite an interesting release. Compared to the KOTOR games (and I do know a lot of people love them), I think this one's thematically a breeze of fresh air.
Last edited by Mortis on Fri Jan 12, 2007 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 22:42

Hot news! Hellgate: London's multiplayer is not free!

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/45282

Update:

Hot on the heels of this one, according to Bill Roper - http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/45306/ - the pricing was purely his own speculation. While there will be a free component, some parts of the game will be behind payments at the very least.

Any thoughts on the recent upsurge of pay-per-month games (read: mummorpgs nobody plays)?

Armand
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Armand » Fri Jan 12, 2007 17:47

That list is humongously gargantuan, there's a gaload of interesting looking games that I've never heard of. I guess the pearls will shine through the pigfood in the long run though... but right now I can say I wait for two games - Age of Conan and Spore. Atm I'm pretty sure I'll update my computer just to get my hands on those, although this puter starting to fall apart does affect my decision :p

Oh, and Burning Crusade (the WoW expansion) is interesting as well, but I'm still unsure whether or not I should get it Rolling Eyes

Return to “Slowdown.vg”