mort we need your comments on what i cant exactly remember

General gaming talk, help & bug fixes
mishy

mort we need your comments on what i cant exactly remember

Postby mishy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 22:59

cut
Last edited by mishy on Mon Jun 27, 2005 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist
MySpace: www.myspace.com/nobile01

Postby nobile » Wed Jun 22, 2005 00:19

Okay, after reading it my conclusions on the conversation are:
  • There will be three chars, the main one (female, human), her friend (male, not sure about the race) and the friend's little brother (obviously male, same with the race)
  • The evil corporation destroys many villages because they use them to test the implants
  • The main char and the friend weren't in their village when it was destroyed (by destroyed I don't mean burned or anything, just affected with the testings), when they come back they find out that some of the people in the village are dead (the friend's parents) and others are simply in vegetative state (the main char's father); also there were some few people that didn't seem to be affected in a negative way with the testings (the friend's little brother)
  • The main char receives the implants in a different way, since the mother got the implants while she was pregnant with the char
  • This means that the mother was involved with the evil corp in some way, because the implants tests on villagers happened much after (in the present)
  • The char grew up with only her father, we don't know yet what happened to the mom
Now, there are some things that are't so official, or discussed in a serious manner I think, or well, just things that I think would be good but that may or may not be part of the whole story. Also some other stuff that I think mushy or mortis would like too.
  • The most bad guy (the one that is like the boss of all the other bad guys) should be someone near or close to the main char
  • After the village testing, there should be some trading with the chemicals that give the implants. I'm not sure yet how that began, something that comes to my mind about a possible way is that there were some research facilities that were destroyed by some 'survivors' of the village testings, and they stole the chemicals and all that, then they would sell them to others to make them feel good, perhaps kind of like drugs, they need to keep getting them to feel good, dunno really.
I had more ideas, but as expected, I forgot them =P If anything else comes to my mind, I'll post it again, and please give me your comments about those things, personally I like it more to discuss these things in the chat, because I can know what you think about it immediately =P
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder <3

mishy

Postby mishy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 01:02

i think if people are to be selling stuff like implants it will be a black market thing. meaning you see shady dealers in alley ways. i think there would be mixed opinions of it like any drug scene. and i cannot handle every npc one minute being great then the next passed out. since you will be able to go back and fourth to any town that is too many possiblitys. but i do like the idea of the player to get to use them. since it will be an option they must be temporary effects whatever they may be it cant make or break whether you can beat the game only using implants

mishy

Postby mishy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 01:12

as for the boss being someone close to you that would make things interesting. what are your ideas for this. and i do not like the idea of the boss being one of the people from your party.. that is no fun. you could spend most the game focussing on lvling up that char a certain way and it being your fav char only to lose him... thats why i liked the idea of the mother who was implanted early on. she end up being a bad guy you must fight and ofcourse she will be mighty powerful shes had implants. and perhaps shes so powerful even the corp could have trouble taming her [= i like the idea of her not even being a apart of the corps plan but simply a person turned into a powerful beast. but as for who runs the corporation a faceless person you may never even see. but his advisors do all the work

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist
MySpace: www.myspace.com/nobile01

Postby nobile » Wed Jun 22, 2005 06:52

Yes I like the idea of it being a black market, perhaps not as bad as it is with drugs, since yes, we need that the ones that sell the stuff are alive all the time.
Also I like that the mom ends up being the bad dude(ess), but I'd like to hear Mortis' opinion on the matter, well about all this thing. =)
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder <3

Return to “Slowdown.vg”