PEOPLE OF CHINA, FREE YOURSELVES

Philosophy, religion, social sciences, politics and exegesis und so weiter.
Armand
Kakaist
Kakaist

PEOPLE OF CHINA, FREE YOURSELVES

Postby Armand » Sat Mar 03, 2007 22:20

Good evening, China. Allow me first to apologize for this post. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine - the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this day, a day that is just like any other, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little session of free thinking. There are of course those who do not want you to think. I suspect even now, orders are being typed into e-mails, and men with ban lists will soon be on their way. Why? Because while censorship may be used in lieu of freedom of speech, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with the country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, think, and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well, certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now deceased Chairman Mao. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Countless of forgotten people have sought to end that silence.

If you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you, then I would suggest you allow this day to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to cut the crap, free Tibet, free yourselves and, most importantly, your minds.

Armand
Kakaist
Kakaist

Re: PEOPLE OF CHINA, FREE YOURSELVES

Postby Armand » Wed Aug 29, 2007 14:24

Oh yeah, this has been up for quite a while now. The point was to see if Slowdays would get on the list of websites detrimental to Chinese unity :D

http://greatfirewallofchina.org/

Hmm... I wonder if the site is ok atm. When I enter any address, it just gives this almost blank noninformative page, that has BOO! comments if the site is popular. Can't deduce atm whether or not Slowdays is blocked :s Sär. Maybe it'll work with some clarity later...

And in case you didn't recognize the speech, it's taken from V for Vendetta, V's TV speech almost word to word. Can't remember if this is from the movie or the comic book version, though.

Darkelth
Kakaist
Kakaist
SteamID: Darkelth

Re: PEOPLE OF CHINA, FREE YOURSELVES

Postby Darkelth » Wed Aug 29, 2007 15:49

It seems that SlowDays really is blocked in china, if your link is trustful, that is.
http://www.slowdays.org/files/pictures/ ... _china.jpg

That is what I got at least!
If you want to be happy for a day, drink alcohol. If you want to be happy for a year, get yourself married. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, start gardening. - An old Chinese aphorism.

Return to “Deep Thr... ought”