New Forum Theme Coming Up!

Site backdrop/framework-related discussion & hosted site support

Moderator: Smeagol

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

New Forum Theme Coming Up!

Postby Mortis » Wed Jan 11, 2006 00:10

We're working on implementing the basic Slowdays menu to the forum - finally - if you want to see or catch up the progress done to our new forum theme, you can switch your own theme to "Newdays" from your user profile.

It's not ready, we're not pretending it's ready, but in case you're interested, it's a possibility!

UPDATE:
I have enabled the new theme to override your own settings. If you feel like it, you can submit bug reports and/or ideas regarding the implementation.

The layout is perhaps 50% ready, so no gripes about crazy-looking icons, please!

REPORTED BUGS:
- The page goes over its right side in IE.
- Some borders are incomplete or in wrong place.
Last edited by Mortis on Mon Dec 11, 2006 17:22, edited 4 times in total.

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist
MySpace: www.myspace.com/nobile01

Postby nobile » Wed Jan 11, 2006 02:16

it looks quite cool Cool
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder <3

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Wed Jan 11, 2006 02:33

Right now this is a horrible mess, but I'm getting there Smile It's much better already.

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:34

Does everyone agree that the forum icons should look like the files script icons?

Smeagol
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Smeagol » Thu Jan 12, 2006 19:10

yes!
He's not heavy, he's my brother.

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby nobile » Sat Jan 14, 2006 00:36

yes they look better I think, although I must say I miss the older forum menu, the one that was all curled, it looked cute I think =P

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Sat Jan 14, 2006 18:01

Haha, thanks for saying that out loud - it took me a -lot- of time to make it look proper. I actually pasted it together from several designs I did on paper - it wasn't easy to figure how the texts should overlap. And then there was the rollover aspect. Phew.

We're still thinking of cleaning it up and putting the forum theme available for people to download Smile

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Sat Jan 14, 2006 18:02

Damn I hate these smilies. They're repulsive and look so self-concious and arrogant!

Armand
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Armand » Sat Jan 14, 2006 20:03

Cool o rly~~ Laughing arrogant, nooo... Smile can't be Wink

Twisted Evil

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Sat Jan 14, 2006 21:12

I'm going to dig up the old Destiny smilies and convert them to a new colour theme ^_^

Smeagol
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Smeagol » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:01

Laughing lol
He's not heavy, he's my brother.

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Re: New Forum Theme Coming Up!

Postby Mortis » Tue Jun 10, 2008 03:00

I'm bumping this æons-old thread just to let you guys know that I'm working on a Slowdays forum skin now that phpBB3 (and not phpBB2, as this thread was originally for! :D) is stable. The skinning is not very easy (what a funny link!), to be honest, and you might be running into horrible things such as ugly icons, or broken page elements, but if you want, you can turn on the "Slowdays" skin from your user control panel, from your board preferences panel and try it out & offer feedback ;)

We have a fairly extensive catalogue of Slowdays icons now, but as you know forum software often have very specific iconography, so I will quite possibly have to work on a whole load of more graphics. Nevertheless, when the skin is closer to being ready, I will naturally force it as the default skin for everybody >:D
"...the public dissolves as fact and fiction blend, history becomes derealized by media into a happening, science takes its own models as the only accessible reality, cybernetics confronts us with the enigma of artificial intelligence, and technologies project our perceptions to the edge of the receding universe or into the ghostly interstices of matter." - Hassan, Ihab: "Toward a Concept of Postmodernism" (1987).

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:15

I'm just going to do the unthinkable and make it the default theme for everybody. I've put plenty of time into it recently, and it feels a lot nicer than the usual prosilver theme already. It will take me a while to get the icons sorted out (there are no basefiles to work with - neither with the templates nor the icons - so I'm reduced to doing them myself).

I hope you'll enjoy the Slow-dazed skin for a change, and if you don't, you can change back to prosilver in your user panel! :)
"...the public dissolves as fact and fiction blend, history becomes derealized by media into a happening, science takes its own models as the only accessible reality, cybernetics confronts us with the enigma of artificial intelligence, and technologies project our perceptions to the edge of the receding universe or into the ghostly interstices of matter." - Hassan, Ihab: "Toward a Concept of Postmodernism" (1987).

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby nobile » Wed Jun 11, 2008 20:10

looks sleeky so far!

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Wed Jun 11, 2008 20:57

phpbb3bug.gif
phpbb3bug.gif (3.44 KiB) Viewed 92998 times

That gray left/right border is one weird bug - it shows up for me only when I come to the forums from the front page. The CSS files are so full of various definitions that I will have to do some major searching since Firebug is still down. Perhaps Smeagol could somehow export the FF3-supporting beta version for me somehow? :)

Darkelth
Kakaist
Kakaist
SteamID: Darkelth

Postby Darkelth » Tue Sep 09, 2008 09:29

The theme in slowdown (for games) is not working properly. The new messages are black-coloured, which isn't very visible. And the quotes are in white background with white text (at least in Mortis's old posts) that aren't very good choices either.
If you want to be happy for a day, drink alcohol. If you want to be happy for a year, get yourself married. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, start gardening. - An old Chinese aphorism.

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby nobile » Tue Sep 09, 2008 20:06

Mortis wrote:That gray left/right border is one weird bug - it shows up for me only when I come to the forums from the front page. The CSS files are so full of various definitions that I will have to do some major searching since Firebug is still down. Perhaps Smeagol could somehow export the FF3-supporting beta version for me somehow? :)

I get that only for new posts... no matter if I see it from the SD frontpage, or from the forums frontpage. And like I said, it's only for the new posts, if I open the same post again, there won't be a gray line.

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Sat Sep 13, 2008 15:50

The Slowdown theme is a work-in-progress, obviously, as is the blog itself... I'll turn it off in the public area for now.

Return to “Slowdev”