Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0

Anonymous

Ignorance is Bliss!

Postby Anonymous » Wed Sep 27, 2006 04:55

Miss Bea, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married. She was much admired for her sweetness and kindness to all. The pastor came to call on her one afternoon early in spring, and she welcomed him into her parlour. She invited the pastor to have a seat while she prepared some tea. As he sat facing her old pipe organ, the pastor noticed a small cut glass bowl sitting on top, filled with water. In the water floated, of all things, a condom. Imagine his shock and surprise, imagine his curiosity.

When she returned with tea and cookies they began to chat.The pastor tried his best to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could hold back no longer. As politely as he could, the pastor inquired:

"Miss Bea, I wonder if you could tell me about this?" he asked, pointing to the bowl.

"Oh, yes," she replied. "It's really quite wonderful. I was walking downtown last fall and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to put it on the organ, keep it wet and it would prevent disease. And you won't believe it," she continued, "but I haven't had a cold all winter."

Return to “Spamroom”