Everyday kakazoo

Moderators: Enok, Armand

nobile
Kakaist
Kakaist
MySpace: www.myspace.com/nobile01

Debate

Postby nobile » Sat May 07, 2005 05:08

Although your opinions may be obvious, I would like to know the reasons why you think that way, and if possible (since I am 90% sure they will be the same opinion) if you could think of good reasons why it could be the other way. I am having a debate tomorrow afternoon on these topics and still don't know which one I'll have to discuss and which side I'll defend. So the more opinions, the best it can be. Still, it would be good to make these minds of yours think a bit on why you think a certain way Smile
First thing is if homosexuals should be allowed to adopt children. And the second is if consuming pot should be legal. Please, I would like to have many opinions and different ^_^
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder <3

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Sat May 07, 2005 19:42

Removing instructions and manuals from sharp lethal spinning objects and microwaves would work.

Mortis
Kakaist
Kakaist

Postby Mortis » Sat May 07, 2005 23:28

Although I didn't make it obvious that I was planning to post a proper post later, I'm sorry about adding that comment first. However, it is entirely linked to my opinion about legalizing drugs in general; goverments of today have a tremendous power over the well-being of humans and yet mankind values free will greatly. Although there may be serious side-effects (such as losing arms, shooting innocents and gaining mental disorders) to freedom, I feel it should be a priority as long as we believe in, for instance, the American concept of freedom. It is especially important to remember that there are two types of freedoms:
1) Freedom to
2) Freedom from

Personally I find myself much more comfortable when I have a freedom -to-.

As for homosexuals with children... I'm only willing to take one stance and that is based on my own ethics (and it therefore is not affected by a) morals or b) other people's ethics) - we can always evaluate a situation like this in a social context, but that would essentially result in putting the blame on two parties, of which both are wrong (the parents of the adopted children and other parents and their children, of which neither should have to worry about anything but raising up children the best possible way).

Therefore, out of social context, in an ethic context, I am absolutely pro-adoption. If I put it in a social context, I'd have to talk about bad parenting in general, and the question would merely be a fraction of the problem involved. I only want to add that there is always a reason for bullying someone in kindergarten or at school, at work, in a bar... stating anything else would be extremely hypocritical.

Return to “Kaka Subjects”